Hello! Hello! Hello!
Hey everyone! I hope everyone is well and staying safe. I have the most exciting news. Are you ready?
I will be co-hosting my very first readathon with my buddy Leelynn of Sometimes Leelynn Reads!!! Make sure to follow her if you are not already. We both love mermaids and sea creatures that we decided to create the SeaMAYdenathon!!! Sea (hehe) what we did there?
It will be all through the month of May. How can you participate? That is super easy.
First off, make sure to follow us on Twitter:
Then you’ll need to fill out the following form to sign up for a team (see a bit lower to know what the teams are) ⇒ HERE. You have till April 3oth to sign up. Then do as many of the prompts as you can to help your team. And yes you can double up on them but no more than two books for one prompt. You get extra points if you read the group books.
Here is how you can earn points:
- Read any book ⇒ 10pts
- Complete a prompt ⇒ 30pts
- Read a group book ⇒ 50pts
- Read all the group books ⇒ 150pts
Are you ready to see what the teams and the prompts are? Allons-y!
You guessed it all four of these are our group reads. Which one will you pick?
And here are the prompts:
- Mermaid Kisses, Starfish Wishes – Read a book with a sapphic romance3
- Shipwreck -Read a dystopian story
- Siren’s Call – Read this book out loud (at least a chapter)
- We Mermaid to be friends – Read a book recommended by a friend
- Beach, Please! – Read a Summer Beach Read
- Release the Kraken -Read an intimidating book you’ve been putting off
- I got Whosits & Whatsits galore – Read a book that has been on your TBR for ever
- Under the Sea – Read a book with a magical kingdom
- Find your voice – Read an #Ownvoice book
- Sea Salt – Read a real tear-jerker
♦ We will give be giving out a prize to the person that reads the most pages throughout the month. This person will receive one book of her choice from Book Depository ($20 limit) ♦
We couldn’t be more proud of this and hope you all will join in with us in May.
What do you think? Leave me a comment.